Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Camera Killer

Yesterday evening we had a really bad thunderstorm here around Halifax. It lasted for at least three hours. Result at the end? One camera and the power supply died. Shit happens.

The picture here is the last transmitted image before all three cameras went offline at 9:08 p.m. It was taken by camera 1 (entrance to the harbour) and it is pretty bright for that time of the day, isn't it? I was very anxious to get on the roof as early as possible the next morning to see what happened.

There were not obvious damages on the cameras or the other equipment. Looks like power surge. I don't know why the other two cameras and the router are still working but I am happy that they are. Otherwise this project is going to be too expensive and I have to look for cheaper hobbies.

New parts are already ordered and will arrive begin of next week.

I don't need thunderstorms anymore...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home